Best heritage farm stay at Richenpong West Sikkim on a 44 acre land
Geyzing is the capital town of West Sikkim. Due to high elevations, the spot is very favorite to trekkers. The two most beautiful hill spot in west Sikkim are Pelling and yuksom. But the most attractive place in West Sikkim is Richenpong which ia also known as the silent valley. The majestic view of the mountains and nature will mesmerize you. There is a heritage farmhouse where you can stay and will have a home like feel. It has a special flora and fauna of Himalayan region, which consists of magnolia, rhodendrones, chestnut, pine and schima. The place is at the backdrop of Himalayan mountain and snow clad Kanchenjunga peak. A journey to stay in bliss of nature, chirp of birds and mist of cloud, Richenpong the place to cherish. In Rinchenpong the most luxurious and refreshing stay is the Rinchenpong heritage farm stay.
The cottages are made up of rustic stone and wood. The rooms are wood paneled rooms in a very stylish Tibetan style while having cold and hot water. There are two types of room standard rooms and heritage rooms.
You can enjoy authentic vegetarian and nonvegetarian Sikkimese food. They will offer you very creative and virtually gourmet food.
- You will be delighted to stay at the farm, as it has lovely and impeccable décor. Beautiful pieces of wooden furniture.
- Total of 5 bedrooms
- There is a beautiful living room to welcome the guests. All rooms are having a verandah, where you can order your meal also and enjoy it.
- The farm consists of 4 double bedrooms which are very spacious and having semi-attached western bathrooms having showers and hot and cold water.
- 1 bedroom with attached bathrooms.
- Free parking zone.
Check-in: 12 Noon.
Check Out: 12 AM
Outdoor activities at Rinchenpong Heritage FARM
Rinchenpong Heritage Farm Stay itself is a place to enjoy, the pine forest, blooming cherry and the entire farm land is worth spending hours. A number of outside activities are there to make your stay more adventurous and youthful.
- Nature and village walk which you can experience there. Ridges and elevation make the road to a walk more comfortable and enjoyable. You can visit the farm fields to see the crops. A large variety of plants are grown that includes cardamom, avocados, oranges, bananas, pears, apricots, and mangoes. Cultivated agriculture yields maize, paddy, millet, potatoes, ginger, turmeric, and sweet potatoes. In addition to these, seasonal vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes and peas are also grown.
- Visit the organic farm and can learn authentic cuisine of Sikkim in the farm kitchen. All foods are prepared from organic vegetables and food materials.
- River rafting in the river Rangit and Teesta is an important sport you can enjoy while staying there on the heritage farm.
- You can see a wide variety of birds , a Bird watching tour can be arranged by the host.
Rinchenpong Nearby sightseeing
- You can go for monastery visit by hiking or strolling and trekking through the dense forest and can see the villagers do tea plantation.
- You can visit Varsey Rhododendron sanctuary, which 32km away from Yangsum.
- Some monasteries are 100years old, they are known as Buddhist serenity.
- Visit Richenpong Monastery just a few kilometers away from the farm.
- Kanchenjunga peak is very clearly visible from here. It seems you can touch it.
- Maggi dara is the place near Rishum in Rinchenpong. It’s a place to do photography as a number of mountains surrounding it.
- A park behind the monastery is Rabindranath Tagore Park.
- You can visiting the Poison Lake whose water is considered dangerous for drinking.
- Singh shore bridge which is 27kms from Rinchenpong is the happiest bridge in Asia
- Uttare village just 37km from Rinchenpong you can enjoy the beautiful river valley here.
Best time to visit Rinchenpong
Rinchenpong has a temperature nearly 12-15 degree lower than Kolkata. As such the place is an excellent choice for summer travelers. But best time to visit Himalaya is when Kunchenjunga is visible most clearly. Thus after the monsoon is over the place looks gorgeous with magnificent view of ranges and colorful blooming flowers all around.
How to reach Rinchenpong
By Air: the nearest airport from Rinchenpong is Bagdogra at Siliguri. The distance between them is 127 km. You can rent a car or can take a hired taxi to reach Rinchenpong farm stay, will take around 5 hours 10mins.
By Train: Train route is the cheapest and route. You can avail train to nearest NJP station which is well connected to major cities in India. It will again take 5 hrs drives to reach Rinchenpong via NH10
By Road: Travel from Kolkata to Rinchenpong is around 675 km. Take a drive and can reach in nearly 17hours via NH12
Price of Rinchenpong Heritage FARM
Room with breakfast for double occupancy is INR 5500 + 5%GST
Child Policy :
Babies below 5 yrs have no charges
Kids from 5 ys to 15 yrs Rs 1500 per child with meals.
Above 15 yrs Rs 2000 per child including meals.
Other Charges for your reference:
Pick-up Drop transportation cost Rs 4500 / vehicle used is Bolero AC / Xylo / Innova depending on availability.
Drivers accommodation is available. Charge for stay is Rs 500 per day.
Sight seeing options are Pelling and nearby area Cost Rs 3000
Utteray Cost INR 3000
Varsey rhododendron sanctuary INR 3500
Ravangla sightseeing cost INR 3000
Namchi sight seeing cost INR 3000
You may be also interested in these greathill stations near Kolkata for an offbeat getaway