Rinchenpong Villa a superb place to view Kunchenjungha from the campus with wild orchid and open greenery everywhere
Having to sit for chalking out a destination nearby, what better name can knock the mind, other than Sikkim? Sikkim, in spite of being a common household name, still blooms with many unexplored places and one of them is Rinchenpong. The place is famously known as the “silent valley”. RInchenpong is one of the magnificent spots to offer you a complete view of the Sleeping Buddha of Mt. Kunchenjungha. Series of mountain ranges and a plethora of monasteries and gurgling streams are forever ready to welcome you at your arrival and gift you a refreshing memory on your departure.
The property is nestled in the lap of mountains with its finely built wooden cottages. The property gives an excellent view of mount Kunchenjungha throughout the, of course in a clear sky. There are two cottages, which offer snow capped hill view from each room through the spacious windows. The rooms are modernly equipped with all facilities giving you the perfect blend between modern and rustic.
Check in: 12:00 P.M
Check out: 11:30 A.M
- Visit the Risham monastery, 3 km away from Rinchenpong, to experience spirituality amidst hills.
- Visit the poison lake to get the essence of the British period struggle with the locals.
- Chayatal lake is another famous sightseeing spot for the tourist. You can enjoy boating here as well.
- Visit Her water garden to see nature’s beauty in abundance.
- Take a hike across the village to explore the local lifestyle and food culture.
- Try Chaang, a homemade brew of the locals, sitting at the cozy lawn of the property or you can enjoy it with the bonfire.
- Rinchenpong is the perfect paradise for bird watchers as well. You can spend the morning observing different species of birds flocking here.
Nearby Attractions from Rinchenpong
- If you are fond of flora and fauna, then Vassey Rhododendron Sanctuary is your ideal place to be. The world famous Rhododendron flower blooms during the particular season of April.
- 20 km from Rinchenpong takes you to the Tato Pani Hot water spring.
- Visualize the hanging bridge at Singshore, located 27 km from Rinchenpong.
- Proceed 5 km further from Singshore bridge and it will take you to Uttarey village, famous for trout fishing.
Best time to visit Rinchenpong
Rinchenpong is full of beauty all throughout the seasons and seasons decorate this hill station with different ornamentation depending on the time period. April to May give you the see the hill station clad with Blossoming flowers and October to November open the door to the snow-capped Himalayas.
How to reach Rinchenpong
You can reach Rinchenpong either by train or Airways.
By Airways: Nearest Airport is Pakyong. The cab will take 3.30 hrs to cover the distance of 100 km to Rinchenpong. Though the airport is not so friendly mainly in winter when fog causes an issue. You can always avail Bagdogra airport and take a cab to reach Rinchenpong which is almost a 5 hours drive.
By Railways: Nearest Railhead is NJP and a private vehicle will take approximately 5 hours to reach Rinchenpong.
The vehicles are easily available from the Railway station and Airport. On request, the homestay arranges pick-up and drop.
Costing of Rinchenpong Villa Homestay
INR 1500 + 5% GST per head per day including all meals
Baby below 5 years is complimentary.
Kids between 5 years to 10 years are half price.
Children above 10 years are full charge.
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
You can also check similar stay in Rinchenpong: Rinchenpong Village Warm Stay
You may be also interested in these greathill stations near Kolkata for an offbeat getaway