Chisang Homestay a serene homestay with an awesome view of Tendu Pleatue and lively rooftop hangout place with music, food, books all in low budget
The serene view of Chisang Homestay in the lap of Eastern Himalayas shall touch your soul. Chisang Homestay is located in the Kalimpong district of West Bengal very close to Bhutan border. The Tenda Plateau, medical river Dawai Khola, wild orchids, sunrise over the vast mountain range all forms a majestic view. The hospitability of the homestay is another remarkable attraction.
Chisang Homestay located in Chisang or Todey is rich in its culture and heritage. They have a unique idea of Goan style houses yet a similarity with Tibetian people. Cardamom is quite famous. The variety of local food is mouthwatering. Busty Chicken, Ema- datchi, Himalayan Trout and sausages are few of them. Chisang Homestay is famous for its organic vegetables. Indian and Chinese dishes are available too. Nepali is a common language in Todey.
This beautiful homestay away from the tiring city life is a worth visit. You can enjoy the peaks and ranges of Bhutan which are visible from the rooftop. The accommodation is more than just comfortable as it gives you small enticing experiences like a trek to the medicinal river, offering a peach freshly picked from the garden or a local person playing an instrument for you in the evening.
They have two twin sharing beds in each room. Four people at a room can stay at max with an attached clean washroom. Rooftop hangout area is marvellous they make a bonfire, BBQ, in it. The place also has musical instruments and also the corner of a book
Outdoor Activity at Chisang Homestay :
You can enjoy a lot of activities including Bonfire, bar-b-cue, fishing, picnic beside the Dawai Khola river, trekking in the cardamom fields or simply spent your time leisurely loitering around. The arrangements like BBQ, bonfire etc. may require a nominal extra charge. You can also look out for local Products, fine arts collection in certain places.
After a heavy sumptuous breakfast at the homestay, tourists may head for the local sightseeing.
- Dawai Khola Riverside: The drive to this river bed is not very exciting. The road is gravel with plenty of pebbles. After you reach Dawai Khola, tourists need to get on another vehicle. The roads to the monastery are steep, scary and narrow. Reaching the Druk Thek Sum Choling monastery is an adventure. This place is ideal for trekking and hiking. Coming down to the river bed might soothe you. A sporty picnic is arranged by the crystal clear riverside. Roasted chicken, bar-b-cue and other delicacies are served with great care.
- Todey Bazaar: The ideal place for nature lovers falls under the Gorubathan block in Kalimpong. The village market place can be an interesting place to visit. The total cost of these places by car is 2500 INR approx.
- Jhalong: Jhalong is a small village near Kalimpong District on the way to Bindu. This is situated near the Indo Bhutan borders on the banks of Jaldhaka River. Various hill birds and migratory waterfowl are witnessed here. It takes around 4.5 hours via AH2 and NH17 by car.
- Bindu: Bindu is the last village before the Bhutan border. It is situated at an altitude of 600m on the Indo Bhutan Border.
- Dalgaon: Dalgaon is only 4 kms drive from Jhaldaka River. Bhutan is visible from this beautiful landscape. The total cost by car to these three places is 2500 INR.
The weather and Best Time To Visit Chisang:
The temperature usually varies from 16 to max 25 degrees throughout the year. The rainfall in May is 4.6 and June is 15.6 fairly. December to February is the best time to visit
How to reach Chisang:
By Train: The distance between New Mal Junction and Chisang Homestay is 3 hrs 52 mins via AH2. Tourists can hire jeep that takes 2700 INR to the stay.
By Air: The nearest airport is Bagdogra which is at a distance of nearly 90kms and takes almost 2 hours to reach the place.
Price of Chisang Homestay
The stay is quite reasonable. INR 1500 + 5% GST per head per day includes bedrooms, three meals, evening tea, and bedtime tea.
Babies between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Toddlers between 6 to 9 years will have a charge of half price
Kids above 10 years will have charge of an adult
Local sightseeing and picnic covered in a day costs 2500
- We arrange a riverside picnic.
- Off-road adventure towards Tangta Monastery
- Todey Bazar sightseeing.
Local sightseeing to the following places covered in a day costs 2500
- Dalgoan viewpoint
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
You may be also interested in these great Hill Stations near Kolkata for an Offbeat Getaway