Riverside Cottage Mirik a refreshing stay on the riverside of Rangbhang river with all the facilities and comfort.
Have you ever dreamt of staying in a riverside cottage at a small village in the hills? Come and stay by the small mountain stream called Rangbang in the Tabakoshi village of Darjeeling. The location has a very pleasant climate and is easily accessible but gives you an offbeat refreshing experience.
The cottage is just by the riverside so the river is yours for those two days you stay. The river beckons you to bath and spent time in it. You can even catch fish but please release them back to their home. Very close to Tabakoshi is the Gopaldhara Tea Garden spreading her greenery all around the valley. Vacations and weekends are to energies you, take a break and live by Rangbang river once in your life you will remember forever.
Accommodation & Maximum Accommodation
The cottage is nestled just on the riverside. It is the perfect place to explore and stay and relax for a few days. Say that it soul enriching gateway to the serenity of nature and mind. Tabakoshi stay has a 2 BHK cottage, can accommodate up to 15 people. It has a big corridor, a personal garden. We serve our guest, authentic and traditional food, guests can also take part in the cooking, if they want and can cook accordingly. Home cooked lunch & dinner will be served. Gourmet food with local seasoning is the best part of the cuisine. An outdoor deck is open for you to gossip, take your food or just pass by time with nature.
You can rent tents to dwell in the tent house on the bank of the river, to enjoy the adventure.
Outdoor Activities in Riverside Cottage.
- You can take part in fishing, its an amazing experience and adventurous too.
- The place is a paradise of bird watching. Take a guide and go out for watching colourful birds of the valley
- You can cook food, in a fully equipped kitchen and can also experience cooking session and learn to cook tradition foods for fun.
- Walk down the street to enjoy the surrounding beauty of lush green valley and insights of locals to explore their nature of farming and other activities
- Camping on the bank of river Rangvang can be arranged by the host.
- You can go for farming and can bring yourself close to the earth, like milking, feeding goats just like any farmer or milkman.
- It is a beautiful place to do yoga and meditation. If you are serious on this a Yoga instructor can be arranged, just inform 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
- Enjoy the evening in the deck or under the stars with BBQ along with bonfire at a nominal charge
Mirik Nearby Attractions
- You can go for a trek and also can visit the viewpoint and Lamlamey waterfalls.
- Our guides will help to have a short tour of the tea garden of Tabakoshi.
- You can visit the river valley Tabokoshi park and the nearby temple.
- A full day tour can also be a good idea. You can explore the Indo Nepal border, the Pashupati market and Mirik Lake also called Sumedu Lake.
- You can go for a whole day picnic by the bank of the river Rangvang.
- Tea factory in the Gopaldhara Tea garden can also be a good learning tour.
- Debisthan a temple located at the Sumendu Mirik
- Orchid house a nursery of trees and fruits
- Ginger farm is an amazing spot to visit.
- The orange garden is worth to visit.
Temperature at Mirik
The average temperature in Mirik is 16.2 degree Celsius. The climate basically warm, warmest is August and coldest is January.
Best time to visit: Best time to visit Tabakoshi, is from October to January and April to June.
How to Reach
By Air & Train: from Bagdogra airport or New Jalpaiguri station, it will take two hours to reach Tabakoshi. From Mirik you have to move towards Thurbo tea factory and then reach the Rangvang river valley and finally the destination Tabakosi which is known as Gopal Dhara tea Garden.
By Route via Darjeeling: come down to Ghoom railway station 8kms and then go to Sukhia Pokhri and finally Rangvang river valley and then Tabakosi the lower division of Gopaldhara Tea garden. It will take you nearly one and a half hour to reach the place.
Via road from Kolkata: Kolkata to Siliguri distance is 579 km, can take around 14 hours via NH12. After reaching you have to again drive to Tabokoshi. This is a 4 hours journey from Siliguri.
To rejuvenate plan a vacation to the Tabakosi, the offbeat location, Hamlet at the part of the green garden.
Price of Riverside Cottage Mirik
Costing per day per head including food and stay in Season will be INR 1750 + 5% GST
Costing per day per head including food and stay in Off-Season will be INR 1500 + 5% GST
Pick-up Drop Cost : small car 4 seater INR 2500, 7 seater car INR 3300 (near about)
BBQ with Bonfire will be INR 1000 for 1kg chicken, the cost of the only Bonfire will be INR 500
Babies between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Toddlers between 6 to 9 years will be charged half price
Kids above 10 years will be charged as an adult
We’re ready to help you with planning your Riverside Mirik Trip. Enquire Now.
You may be also interested in these great hill stations near Kolkata for an offbeat getaway