High mountains, cool breeze, crisp weather and pure air, away from the humdrum of urban city life – all promise to be an ideal retreat opportunity. What’s more is the quaint fragrance of tea that lights up the mood in this cradle of nature.
The British Tea Estate is an ideal spot for travelers looking for a break from the mundane routine life, more so, if he is an avid tea lover.
Check In: 11.00 AM
Check Out: 10.00 AM
Ghoom Tea Estate
The estate offers the travelers an opportunity to indulge in the Darjeeling organic tea life and savour the same in its old world charm. The travelers not only get to experience a heavenly slice of nature, but are also welcomed to live in a colonial bungalow with all its grandeur. The Estate established a hundred years ago, boast of state of the art modernizations; its vast infrastructure giving it a competitive edge over similar tea estates not only in India but world over.
The Estate also offers an opportunity to bask in tea tourism, something that has been gaining immense popularity in the recent years among globetrotters. It provides an opportunity to visit a nearby tea factory, watch the production, and join the tea tasting session even going round the tea estate along with the locals and the factory with one of the process executive to brief about the process.
- Birding and bird watching
- Riverside Picnic
- Plantation walk
- outdoor sightseeing with a guide cum naturalist in a 4 wheeler SUV
- Batasia Loop, aspiral railwaycreated to lower the gradient of ascent of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is barely 2 kms away. At this point, the track spirals around over itself through a tunnel and over a hilltop to offer a panoramic view of the dwellings below
- Tiger Hill, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is 6 kms away
- The Bhutia Busty (Buddhist) Monastery is 8 kms away
- Mahakal Temple
How to Get There
The place is well connected with all major means of transportation. It is located 28 kms away from Darjeeling in area called Ghoom.
Bagdogra airport is the closest airport, while the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri. It is an approximate 3 hour drive from the airport / railway station.
Cost INR 5500 + 5% GST per day per head Including All Meals.
Car cost :
NJP to Ghoom Tea Estate : INR 3000 Approx per car (one way)