A small mountain hamlet near Ravangla. A smaller home stay, packed with intangible goodness that cannot be seen in pictures. Great mountain view, a small falls nearby and nature, food, hospitality, homely love all that it takes to make it to the ‘BEST HOME-STAY AWARD BY SIKKIM GOVT.’
Place Code BE 1704
Check In : 11.00 A.M
Check Out : 10.00 A.M
- Leisure walk to Buddha Park is something which is strongly suggested to connect to the Buddhist culture
- Tendong trek among the dense forest while listening to the bird’s chirping.
- Trek to the Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary sheltering endangered species like Himalayan Black Bear and Red Panda.
- Enjoy the panoramic sight of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Siniolchu, Mt. Pandim and Mt. Kabru from Ravangla.
- Rayong Sunrise View Point
- A half day trip to Ralang Monastery and the Handmade Paper Factory can also be planned
- Samdruptse Hill where the visitor can admire the world’s tallest statue of Guru Padmasambhava
- Siddheswari Dham Mandir offering the view of a 108 feet tall statue of Shiva
- Temi tea gardens which is certainly one of the most beautifully located tea garden of Sikkim
- Ralang Hot Spring
Best Time to Visit
Summer season prevailing from April to June provides the best time to enjoy the blooming rhododendrons and orchids that grow in the region. Summers are the ideal time to grab the opportunity for trekking too. One can visit the place during September to December as the weather is perfectly fine to soak in pleasure. It is advisable to avoid the period of monsoons as the region is prone to landslides.
How to get there
Nearest and major airport from Ravangla is Bagdogra Airport which is nearly 135 kilometres away. Similarly the closest railway station is New Jalpaiguri nearly 110 kilometres away. It is a four and a half hour drive from the airport / railway station to the resort. The place can also be accessed from Kalimpong, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
Ravangla Sightseeing Cost
INR 2000 is the minimal charges and minimal sites. If you want to visit all the attractions mentioned above it will cost you around INR 3000 – INR 3500 Approx. Our suggestion, talk to the Resort Manager for sightseeing transportation costs. He will surely help you out on that.
Only INR 1650 + 5% GST per day per head including all foods.
Child Policy: Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary,Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price and Kids form 10 years will be charged as an adult.
Car cost :
NJP to Ravangla : INR 4000 Approx per car (one way)
- 4 //www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/1967612516811712/ সৌম্য দাস
This was our last destination we went with Nomadic Weekends….. Definitely a picturesque and piece of jem….. One can have Best View and Best Food with Guaranteed Best quality services…. Thank you Nomadic Weekends for suggesting us this place…..