DasrViceroy the grandeur stay at Darjeeling queen of hills
Darjeeling the hilltop beauty at foot of the Himalayas in the eastern part of India, in the state of West Bengal. The place is internationally famous for the lush green valley and its tea plantation. The snow clad mountain, the scenic beauty boasting the cold milieu around the year. The place is just 700 km away from the city of Kolkata. This hill station is the gateway from all kinds of stress and strain. The mountain slopes are decorated with tea gardens, which seems like a picturesque portrait. The hotel is placed in amidst the Himalayas which offers beautiful views of the mountains especially excellent view of Mt. Kanchenjunga from the room. If you are looking for a Darjeeling luxury hotel, Viceroy is a superb choice.
The location of the hotel is very time, at the heart of the queen of hills. The famous clock tower is just beside it. You can view the beautiful white peak of Kanchenjunga from every room. The sundeck is an excellent place to chill out.
- The rooms are having impeccable interiors a fireplace. It has 30 executive rooms, which are being furnished with special care.
- All floors are wooden and the furniture is traditional and modern.
- LED TV in every room.
- Tea & coffee maker with all facilities,
- The newspaper is supplied in each room every morning.
There are 11 astounding special premium rooms are available on the top floor of the hotel. Rooms are quite big and all pine wooded interiors are stunning. The Kanchenjunga seems to be just a few miles away from these rooms. All the facilities it has like executive rooms. These rooms possess some special amenities.
Max Accommodation: Viceroy has a total of 30 well-appointed Executive rooms and 11 premium rooms on the topmost floor of the hotel. Hence the total accommodation of the hotel is more than 100.
- Microwave in the room
- Mini Bar
- Shaving, knitting, and dental kits.
- DVD player.
Check-in: 12 Noon
Check Out: 11 AM
Outdoor activities in Darjeeling
Darjeeling is one of the most beautiful hill stations, ever visited. There are so many activities that will make your trip more memorable. You can enjoy some adventure activities
- Trekking is the most loved adventure sport the route from Sandakphu and Phalut which is the very famous route for the trekkers all over the world.
- Rock climbing at the mount Kalijhora near Darjeeling
- Kayaking can be done in the river Teesta and Rongeet
- Paragliding, to make you fly high and touch the sky.
- River rafting in the river Teesta and Rongeet.
Darjeeling Nearby sightseeing
You can have an awestruck beauty of the place from every corner of the township. The most popular place to visit nearby.
- The most prime attraction of Darjeeling is Mall road
- Tiger hill. You have to depart early morning to see the sunrise from the lap snow capped the Himalayas. It is a real experience and stunningly beautiful serene scenic beauty.
- Batasia Loop is a place where you can see the war memorial of Gorkha Regiment.
- Zoological Park in Darjeeling is the inhabitant for some rare species of the wild animal. Snow leopard, Red Panda, and wolf.
- Ghoom Monastery has preserved the hand scripts of Lord Buddha.
- Tea gardens
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, where they train the Mountaineers under the supervision of Tenzing Norgay.
- You can visit Mirik from Darjeeling to enjoy the view of Mirik Lake.
Best time to visit Darjeeling
On average Max and Min temperature of Darjeeling throughout the year remain from 2 degrees to 26 degrees. The weather is awesome! It may have seen a few snowfalls but the maximum temperature never crosses 27 degrees. Darjeeling is so popular because of this temperature favored by the geographical location and view of Kanchenjunga. Apart from the monsoon, the place is good anytime. But if you are looking out for an escape from heat visit the place from April to June. Or else if you are searching for the best view of Kanchenjunga please come here from November to December.
Want to know more about Darjeeling weather check out: Darjeeling Weather Blog
How to Reach Darjeeling
By Air: the nearest Airport is Bagdogra. The distance is 69 kilometers. The time it takes around 2 hours 40 mins. You can rent a car or cab and reach your destination.
By route: from Kolkata, the distance is 700 km. If you drive it will take 17 hours to reach Darjeeling.
By Train: You can get down at New Jalpaiguri Station which is well connected to the rest of the place and take a bus or rent a car and reach Darjeeling in 2.5 hours.
Price of Viceroy Darjeeling
Executive Room with Breakfast and DInner for a couple is INR 8500 + 5%GST
Attic Room with Breakfast and DInner for a couple is INR 10500 + 5%GST
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
You may be also interested in these great Hill Stations near Kolkata for an Offbeat Getaway