I am pretty sure that you have heard of Cochrane Place Kurseong. Know why it is so famous and book a stay here.
Amidst the unbeatable scorching heat, when everything else seems unpleasant, the only pleasant feeling comes from the thought of mountains. West Bengal is luckily blessed with plethora of hill stations but one needs to be choosy while picking one, because the serenity of hills today are choked to death with the stepping feet of the madding crowd. Cochrane Place of Kurseong is one such name, which falls in the list where we can actually have the essence of mountains in its truest form. An hour drive from Darjeeling takes you to this beautiful abode amidst hills and monasteries.
Cochrane Place Accommodation
The property boasts of three room categories such as standard, Deluxe and Family suites depending on your budget. There are 31 rooms in total, which echoes the amalgamation of British Raj and Indianness with teak beds, wooden panelling, handcrafted furniture, fireplaces and extraordinary views of tea valleys and mountains.
Check in: 12:00 A.m
Check out: 11:00 A.m
Outdoor Activities from cochrane place
- The dense forests provide ample opportunity of bird watching, making it an ideal bird watchers’ paradise.
- One can hike through the tea estates, visit factory to understand the production procedure.
- Engage in river rafting at the Teesta river.
- Relish the taste of fresh honey served by the hotel.
- Mingle with nature in the spacious garden area.
- Release your fatigue at the property’s spa.
- Visit the Buddhist monasteries to enjoy your time v
- Ambotia shiv Mandir, located in the tea Estates, is not only a religious place but provides a magnificent view of the hills and orange orchard.
- Visit Eagle’s Craig to get a bird’s eye view of the entire city.
- Deer park, a major tourist attraction should also be in your list.
- Visit Darjeeling Himalayan Railway museum to get the glimpse of rare details about toy trains.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum is another interesting place to quench your thirst for rare facts about the legendary hero.
Best time to visit kurseong
The best time is between March to mid of June and September to December. Monsoon is heaviest here in July. To get the best view of the mountains, you must visit the place before extreme winter and monsoon. December is the driest season here.
Tariff of cochrane place
Standard room ( Double bedded ) –INR 4500 + 5% GST(Normal Season) and INR 5000 + 5% GST(Peak Season) with breakfast
Deluxe room ( Double bedded)- INR 6000 + 5% GST (Normal Season) and INR 7000 + 5% GST(Peak Season)with breakfast
Family Suite ( Double bedded) -INR 7000 + 5% GST(Normal Season) and INR 8000 + 5% GST(Peak Season) with breakfast
Extra Person charge with breakfast INR 1500 (allowed in Deluxe and Family suit only)
Peak Season Includes – April 15th- June 15th / October 1st-October 15th / December 20th – January 2nd
How to reach Cochrane Place
You can reach Cochrane Place of Kurseong by Roadways, Railways, Airways.
Roadways- From Siliguri the distance is 51 kms.
Railways – From NJP, the distance is 57 kms.
Airways- Bagdogra is the nearest airport which is situated at 60 kms from the place.
You can hire private vehicles from outside the stations or airport, which takes approximately 2 hours drive for the destination.
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
You may be also interested in these great Hill Stations near Kolkata for an Offbeat Getaway