A tale of hide and seek of the Mountains in a hamlet called Syari in Gangtok
These days quality travel matters the most and why not? Gone are the days when people flocked together to some overhyped location and did common touristy things. Today travel list demands a place of seclusion away from the hue and cry and car honking. Nature is the desired company we seek. This new found destination and accommodation will echo the pleasant tune of solitude amidst nature. Visiting Sikkim is surely there in everyone’s list but we can hardly think beyond Gangtok as the main halting point. Syari is a hamlet nestled amidst the Mountains, 3 kilometers away from Gangtok town. A quaint village with approximately 4k population hospitals you in its bright Syari Gangtok Homestay.
The Syari Gangtok Homestay is ready to provide you with a homelike atmosphere unlike the commercial hotels. This home stay comprises of 5 double bedrooms with a fireplace in the drawing hall and has the capability of hosting maximum 10 people. The stay includes accommodation and food. Absolutely breathtaking view awaits you at the spacious balcony overlooking the green forest and stretch of Mountains. The bedrooms reflect a complete blend of luxury and nature with wooden furnishings. A fireplace in the drawing area to keep you hot even in the winter.
- Take a stroll to M.G road of Gangtok, the hub of shopping with various shops and restaurants. It is 10 minutes away the property.
- A trip to Sikkim can’t be completed without visiting the various Buddhist Monasteries like the famous Rumtek Monastery, Tsuk La Khang Monastery, Ranka Monastery, Enchey Monastery etc.
- Paragliding is the most loved activity in Gangtok. You can enjoy it under the guidance of professional trainers with adequate safety measures and have a bird’s eye view of the entire city.
- In any Mountainous region hot springs are quite famous for its religious significance and medicinal properties. Amidst the plenty hot springs Sikkim possesses, Reshi Hot Spring is quite popular. .
- Only 3 km away from Gangtok is the Himalayan Zoological Park, a much loved destination of the wildlife lovers.
- From Gangtok you can make trip to Temi Tea Garden the only tea garden of Sikkim which is just 45kms away and it will take you nearly 2 hours. Then Namchi which is 40 mins away from Temi Tea garden. Namchi is mainly famous for the Char Dham and Samdruptse the Hill top Monastery and statue. On the way back you can cover Ravangla which is an hour drive from Namchi. Ravangla is well known for the Buddha Park and Tashiding and Ralang Monasteries.
- Another day you can take to cover Pelling. Gangtok to Pelling is nearly a 4.30 hour journey. Pelling is famous for 17th-century Buddhist Sanga Choling Monastery, Pemayangtse Monastery and the Rabdentse Palace. The 17th century palace created by the Namgyal dynasty is now in ruins.
If you can plan a vacation for 6-8 days try spending a couple of days in these places. They are not just mine of Buddhist and Tibetan history but are also gifted with unspoiled natural beauty. You can stay in the following places
Best time to visit
Gangtok enjoys pleasant weather throughout the year but best time will be between October to mid-December. One can get a clear view of the Mountains during this period. Although if you are interested in watching the Rhododendron flowers bloom, then March-May is your time to be here. It is advised to avoid the place during monsoon.
How to reach
Gangtok is easy accessible from Siliguri or Kolkata. One can reach Gangtok via Rail, Road or Air.
By Air: Pakyong Airport is the newly opened Airport in Sikkim, which is 25.7 km from the city. You can hire personal car or state transport buses to reach the city.
By Rail: NJP station in Siliguri is the nearest rail head. Distance is approximately 100 km. you can avail shared or private transport or can opt for a bus as well.
Roads are spectacular and are sure to provide you with the best memories of your lifetime.
The per head per day costing including food and stay is INR 1500 + 5% GST
Child Policy: Babies till 5 years are complementary.
Kids below 10 are charged full while children above 10 are charged full.
The Site seeing to Pelling in the north or towards Namchi in the south for a day will cost nearly INR 4000- 4500. You can talk regarding that directly to the homestay owner.
Pick up and drop can be arrange. The cost from NJP or Bagdogra will be nearly INR 3500 to INR 4500.