In a hill station staying opposite to a large city is a treat in itself. Nights become memorable with the sparkling lights of the city on the hills. We found a place just 4 kms away from Gangtok, situated bang opposite to Gangtok city with two picture perfect cottages. Another great part of this place is that three different mountain springs are visible from here which never goes dry. Come and be welcomed by the singing of the beautiful birds and the sound of the enchanting waterfall nearby and of course – a refreshing fresh mountain range to calm your senses. Plan your perfect holidays into the mountains with the RANKA VILLAGE, with great location, superb food, great weather and warm hospitality make it an ideal doorway for exhausted city dwellers.
Accommodation Can accommodate around 7 persons.
Place Code: BE 1759
Check in: 12 A.M
Check out: 11 A.M
Sit in the valleys and the mountain and soak your senses in the scenic beauty of this marvelous paradise on earth. Trek, climb up hills, wander around in the forest or just sit and meditate in the monasteries- Do bounty of activities whichever you like and yet find your inner peace here.
Known for its scenic beauty, this place has plenty of nearby attractions, among which some has been tabulated below:
- Namchi is the identifier South Sikkim which is largely known for a large statue of Padmasambhava or Guru Rinpoche. This place is best associated with Buddhist monasteries and scenic locales.
- Ravangla, located on a ridge between Maenam and Tedong Hill provides some fantastic panorama to be etched forever in your memories. At a short distance of about 8kms from Ravangla is Rayong, which is the finest place to be if you are an early riser.
- Sikip, situated on the bank of Rangeet River is a perfect place to visit for river rafting sports.
- A major town in South Sikkim, Jorethang sprawls on the foothills below which River Rangeet flows. The town is situated on the way to Pelling and is known for its Akar Suspension Bridge.
- A picturesque village, Borong is the perfect trekking destination in South Sikkim. Overlooking the mighty mountains, this village is blessed with a gorgeous landscape and impressive views.
- Rabong situated at the base of Maenam Hill is reckoned to be the transit point for tourists’ attractions like Chozo Lake, Ralong Monastery, Manilakhang, Sakyamuni Cultural and Pilgrimage Centre. This place acts as the ideal base for trekkers setting out for Maenam Hill and Borong.
- Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary is the habitat of the Red Panda, Goral, Serow, Barking Deer, Marbled-Cat, Leopard-Cat, Civet-Cats, Blood Pheasant, Common Hill Partridge, Magpies, Black Eagle, Blue necked Pitta, Sunbirds and different other types of animals and birds.
- Solophok is known as the pilgrimage centre in South Sikkim. Situated some 5kms from Namchi, Solophok has a main temple of 108 feet height on which is based the 87 feet high statue of Lord Shiva in the sitting posture.
How to reach
Almost all the modes of transportations are accessible to visit Sikkim. This ecstatic place on Earth is well connected by airways, railways and roadways. In spite of being a hilly state, transportation of Sikkim is comfy and more frequent to enjoy the ride on the world’s most gorgeous valley.
- The airport located nearest to Sikkim is Bagdogra Airport of West Bengal which is only 124 Kms away from Gangtok.
- The two rail stations nearest to Sikkim located in West Bengal are New Jalpaiguri and Siliguri. NJP is 125 kms and Siliguri is 114 kms from Gangtok and is well connected to all the major cities.
- One needs to take prepaid or share cabs from the station or airport to reach the destination which is around 4 kms away from Gangtok. At NJP plenty of private taxis and shared Jeeps are available, and it takes about 4.5 hours to reach Gangtok.
Rs 2350 + 5% GST (Small cottages) and Rs 2750 + 5% GST (Large cottage) per head per day that includes all meals.
Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids from 10 years will be charged as an adult
Prices ranges around Rs. 2700 small taxi, Rs. 3200 large taxi for NJP to Gangtok and around Rs. 2800 small taxi, Rs. 3300 large taxi for Bagdogra to Gangtok. Share taxi prices depend on the cars taken. However, these prices are subject to changes.