Are you looking for a small cottage that just popped out from the childhood fairy tale book? Then you are in the right place – Sangsey Wooden Cottage
Sangsey or Sangser, locally known as KhargaGaon is known to be one of the most beautiful villages of the Himalayas in North Bengal, is located in the Kalimpong district. The place is mere 8km away from Kalimpong town and is just as you dreamed. Placed at a height of 4,000 feet, Kharga Gaon is a traveller’s paradise. The breathtaking view of the mighty Kanchenjunga and nature’s abundance of greenery will make a permanent place in the heart and mind of any traveller.
Our best find here at Kharga Gaon is a comfortable homestay, nestled right in the lap of the mountains.
How to Reach Sangsey:
Sangsey by Train: Nearest Railway Station is New Jalpaiguri. From here the distance is about 65kms. which takes less than 3 hours to reach the place.
Sangsey by Air: Bagdogra Airport is the nearest Airport- distance from here is 70kms. Which is can again be reached in 3 hours of time.
Sangsey by Road: Private or share cars are readily available from the station or airport. You can pre-book exclusive car services from the homestay as well.
Small Car (4 people): INR 2500/-
Big Car (8 person): INR 3500/-
This beautiful homestay comes with 4 bedrooms- accommodating up to 4 people in each room with maximum accommodation of 16 people. Enjoy the mesmerizing peak of Kanchenjunga right from the balcony on a clear day. They also provide free driver accommodation.
Max Accommodation: 16 people can stay maximum
Sangsey Nearby Attractions:
Avail car services at a charge of only INR3500/- for day trips and for local sight-seeing.
- Durga Mandir and Hanuman Top are located near to one another in Delo are popular tourist spots near this area.
- Delo Nature Park with beautiful fountains gives a majestic view of the Kanchenjunga and the River Teesta.
- Located in the Durpin Dara Hills is the sprawling Durpin Monastery. Also located in the Durpin Hills is the 18-hole golf course maintained by the Indian Army.
- Built in the 1930’sin style of British Colonial Architecture is the Morgan House.
- Located in Delo is the Science Center of Kalimpong.
- The Pine View Nursery of Kalimpong is known for its exotic collection of over 1500 species of Cactus.
Outdoor Activities at Sangsey:
- Trekking: Walk through the jungle and mountain trails.
- Bird-watching: A paradise for bird lovers and witness a huge variety of different species of birds.
- Photography: Mesmerizing scenic beauty of nature and landscapes and capture them forever.
- Village Walks: Walkthrough villages and experiences the rustic life of the mountainous village.
- Barbeque: Have fun filled day with food and your loved ones.
- Campfire: Ask your host to organize a warm campfire for you in a chilly evening.
- Learning Nepali Cuisine: Learn from your host a few delicious tasty Nepali dishes.
- Yoga Session: Relax your mind and soul and take in nature’s purity and engage yourself in some yoga session.
- Day trips of East Sikkim, Peling and Old Silk Route as per guest requirements.
Price of Sangsey Wooden Cottage:
Per day per head INR 1250 with food and stay
- Free for children till 4 years.
- Above 4 to 10 years: INR 400
- Above 11 years: Full charge
- Only married couples allowed.
- No parties or events.
- Check-in: 12 Noon
- Treat it like your own home!
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
Looking for Best Budget Property in Kalimpong please check Tarkhola Village Retreat