Pelling in Sikkim is an excellent place for Kanchenjungha lovers with hot soup, momo and cozy sanitized room Pelling Mountain View Retreat is a great choice
Travelling amid Covid times might sound risky but with proper care and safety protocols the entire process gets as smooth as it was before. Our current search is perfect considering the amount of mental and physical fatigue the pandemic has brought down upon us. Mountain View Retreat of Pelling, Sikkim is the perfect abode where you can sip your morning tea with the mesmerizing view of Mt. Kanchenjunga bringing a little diversion to the new normal routine of monitoring the Covid status of positive and negative in newspapers and on televisions with palpitating hearts. It is high time that we sanitized our hearts as well getting rid from the traumatizing situation for a while.
Accommodation: The resort is a three storey building with cozy, spacious and environment friendly rooms. Guests can choose from a category of three room types which are Honeymoon Suit, Luxury view Room and Superior Non view Room. One can choose rooms with package types that include and exclude Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner according to your choice. The property has helpful and well behaved staffs and its own restaurant.
Check in: 12:00 P.M
Check out: 11:00 A.M
Nearby Attractions in Pelling Sikkim
- Yuksom is a nearby little town and is extremely rich in beautiful monasteries and biodiversity. Many popular treks start from here as well.
- Visit the oldest monastery in Sikkim named Sangachoeling situated on top of a high ridge.
- Pay a visit to the splendid Kanchenjunga falls.
- A historical site of Rabdentse Ruins awaits your visit.
- Another scenic waterfall nearby Pelling is Rimbi Waterfalls. The scenic background makes it the best photography spot.
- Darap village, 8 km from Pelling gives you the excellent opportunity to stay amid villagers and know their lifestyle.
- Sewaro Rock Garden nearby is a garden nearby with fountains and beautiful rock structures.
- Hike by the riverside or nearby mountains.
- Enjoy local lifestyle by being part of the local community.
- Learn to churn butter, process cheese in the old fashioned manner.
- Visit monasteries to spend some hours of peace.
- The lush green forest around is excellent for bird watching.
Best time to visit Pelling Sikkim
Post Lockdown the place is open for visitors but the best time according to the weather will be between March- May and October- Mid December.
How to reach
Train: NJP is the nearest railway station (52 km from pelling).
Air: The nearest Airport is at Bagdogra, 160 km from pelling.
Road: From NJP and Bagdogra one can reach Pelling within 6 hours. One can get pre-paid taxis from here but managing shared taxis can get tough.
Buses are available from Siliguri Bus Stand till Geyzing, 9 Km from Pelling.
From Gangtok one can have private taxis or shared jeep service till Geyzing. Other than that one can also take a shared jeep till Ravangla (48 km from pelling) and one from Ravangla to Pelling, taking approximately 2 hours by Road.
Price: INR 1650 + 5% GST Per day per head (Including stay with Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Pick-Up Drop one side from NJP or Bagdogra cost nearly INR 4000-4500
Site seeing cost nearly INR 2500-3500 payable directly on spot
Other place to stay in Pelling is Pelling Homestay
You may be also interested in these great Hill Stations near Kolkata for An Offbeat Getaway