Purushottambati Eco Resort is a new found paradise just 1.5 hours drive from Kolkata. This super luxury resort is situated amidst natural rural surroundings and boasts of an array of luxury amenities like Spa, Tennis court, gym, Jacuzzi pool, playroom and much more. Now unwinding gets a new dimension for Kolkata. Come and splurge into this luxurious palace for the perfect weekend gateway.
Accommodation 90 people can be accommodated at a time in this resort.
Place Code: BE1766
Check in: 12 A.M.
Check out: 11 A.M.
This beautifully constructed resort provides a lot of options for the visitors, some of which are:
- A soothing spa is available for the soul to get de-stressed.
- Well maintained swimming pool with cool waters provides the perfect place to float in.
- The Jacuzzi provides warm jetted water that gently massages the stress out of the body.
- Relax the brain with the aptly built indoor and outdoor games.
- Meditation room available to calm the inner soul.
- Take a Steam bath with regulated temperature which adds up an extra freshness, increases the heart rate and relaxes the muscle
- Enjoy the adventurous skywalk among the mango orchard on a hanging bridge
Other facilities include strolling through the mango orchards, organizing parties in the wedding space, conference halls for meetings, etc.
One of its own kinds, this place is full of history and culture. Some of the renowned and old places which one should visit are:
- The famous Bandel Church which was built by Captain Pedro Tavares in 1599 was the port used by the Portuguese by the mid 16th century. The original building of the church was burnt down by the Moors in 1632 during the sacking of Hooghly. The keystone of the older church can still be seen along the eastern gate of the church. It has three altars, an organ, several tombstones, and a shrine of Mary.
- The Imambara, situated on the bank of river Ganga in Chinsurah was built by Hazi Mohammad Mohsin. It is renowned for its massive clock tower between the two 80 ft tall towers along with its attractive architecture. The place is located close to the Hooghly railway station on the Howrah-Bandel mainline. Tourists can hire rickshaws to reach the place.
- Another place to visit is the Indo-French cultural center and museum also known as the Chandannagar Museum and Indo-French Institute. This place was established by the then French Prime Minister Pompidou and Indian Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri in the 19th century. It showcases several artworks related to the French East India Company, the French periodic government, etc.
- Another famous place to visit is the Hangseswari Temple, located in Bansberia in Hooghly district and is around 21 m high 19th-century temple which has 13 towers. The peak of each tower is built in the shape of a lotus flow and the deity is made up of blue-neem wood.
- Shanderswartala Temple, the oldest temple in Chinsurah is around 5 km away from the Chinsurah railway station. This temple was built by Sidheswar Roychoudhury after the Lingam of Shiva was placed by Digambar Halder in the 16th Century.
Best Time To Visit
The place a perfect weekend gateway. It’s good to visit throughout the year for a small trip and refreshment from the daily boredom. A small group may also enjoy the place together.
How to reach
This place has been constructed in close proximity to Kolkata. One may opt for a 1.5 hours car journey to this destination directly from Kolkata. Others who prefer trains may enjoy their rides till HOOGHLY railway station which is around just 3km away from this place. Rental cars are also available for reaching this destination in around 2 hours or less.
Only Rs. 6300 (excluding GST) per day per room. Price includes breakfast for a couple.
Please Note: GST needs to be paid directly at the hotel.