Manebhanjan: A awesome place to stay near the river
Manebhanjan is a busy town near Darjeeling and the base point for travellers going for Sandakphu summit. We got a great place here for you.
Loosen all your worries in the lush green jungle on the hills, the beautiful river by the side, a place where green knows no bound, many unknown beautiful birds and lots more. The newly found Manebhanjan Jungle is the place where you can experience the most splendid time of your life. Free your inner explorer and start your voyage towards one of the most gorgeous places in the world.
Accommodation Provides accommodation up to 15 persons.
Place Code: MB 1701
Check in: 12:00 pm
Check out: 11:00 am
Manebhanjan Outdoor Activity
This small town provides a lot of activities for its visitors. One may fulfill their hunger for trekking here as this place marks the entry to the trek to Sandakphu. Visit the nearby parks or just sit and lose yourself in the serene beauty of the mountains. Wander around the forests to calm your mind or just take a sip of freshly made tea on your balcony and enjoy the Himalayas.
Manebhanjan Nearby Attractions
Located around 28kms from Darjeeling at the fringe of Singalila National Park which lies on the border of India and Nepal is the Manebhanjan a small transit-town.
- Singalila National Park is the habitat to various species of birds and animals including Red Panda Blood Pheasant, and Himalayan Black Bear. Manebhanjan at an elevation of 1928mt, symbols the start of the trailhead for the trek to Sandakphu which is popularly known as the trekkers’ dreamland on the Singalila Ridge, the highest point in West Bengal.
- The name Manebhanjan signifies the junction of Stupas as Bhanjayang in Nepali means Junction and Mane stands for Buddhist Stupas. One can endeavour into the rocky mountainous valley to feast their eyes with the ultimate panorama of the Sleeping Buddha which is a part of the Kanchenjunga Mountains.
- One can visit the different peaks of the Himalayan range, few of which are Koktang, Rathong, Frey, North Kabru, South Kabru, Goecha, etc. All these peaks when seen from the Sandakphu, it appears like a gigantic man sleeping with spaced legs and hence known as the Sleeping Buddha.
- Another attraction of this place is that this is the only place in the Darjeeling District to have a large collection of vintage 1950’s Land Rover cars.
Best time to Visit Manebhanjan
This heavenly place is best to be visited throughout the year. Hills are always welcoming in summer and spring. The monsoon may not be suitable time if one tries for adventure else it is a superb time to enjoy. The autumn with its holidays and pleasant weather is a nice time to visit this place. Winter requires heavy woollen garment to welcome the cool wind. Spring is an excellent time to see blossom.
How to reach Manebhanjan
Manebhanjan is a little town located about 26kms from Darjeeling, 92kms from Siliguri, and on the border of India and Nepal at an altitude of 7,054 ft (2,150 m).
- Manebhanjan is 26kms from Darjeeling. The route goes via Ghoom and Sukhiapokhri. One can take a reserved cab from Darjeeling Chowk bazaar or Gandhi Road (Club Side) Taxi stand and reach in about 1 hour 15 minutes via Sukhiapokhri. You can easily avail regular shared jeeps and buses up to Sukhiapokhri. So, on the other hand, one can come up to Sukhiapokhri (takes about one hour from Darjeeling) and then take a jeep ride up to Manebhanjan. From Sukhiapokhri, there is also a 4km trekking route up to Manbhanjan.
Reaching Manebhanjan from Bagdogra| New Jalpaiguri
- Pre-paid taxi is not available from Bagdogra (or NJP) all the way up to Manebhanjan. So one can travel to Ghum along Hill Cart Road, take a left turn towards Sukhiapokhri and then reach Manebhanjan.
- A low-priced way of reaching Manebhanjan from NJP/Siliguri is to avail a shared jeep up to Mirik or Sukhiapokhri, and then another shared jeep to Manebhanjan. But this will take much longer time as shared jeeps make multiple stops. Also, you will have to break your journey to reach Manebhanjan.
- Shared transportation is however not available from Bagdogra airport.
Pocket Pinch: Only 1750 INR per head per day including all meals.
Babies between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Toddlers between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids from 10 years will be charged as an adult
We’re ready to help you with planning your trip to Manebhanjan.Enquire Now.
If you are planning for a Sandakphu Trip, you will get all info on Sandakphu here. We will suggest you to stay here for a day before you start your Sandakphu trip.
You may be also interested in these greathill stations near Kolkata for an offbeat getaway
- 1 I am
dont copy and paste pictures from others.