A 3-star hotel in Gangtok just on the heart of the city
Opening the hotel’s windows and witnessing the snow-capped peaks of the mountain is always your dream. The hotel Jewel of the East, Gangtok is ready to convert your dream into reality. Gangtok a very popular tourist gateway will gift you anyway a different but extensively cordial and warm experience by staying in this residency.
“Away to the hills, away……..”
Accommodation: Jewel of The East
This residency is offering rooms of four varieties – Deluxe Rooms, Super Deluxe Rooms, Suite Room and King Suite with all modern amenities and complimentary breakfast.
Check-In: 12.00 noon
Check-Out: 10:00 a.m.
When you are planning to visit Gangtok, pen down the list of adventurous sports you want to participate in-
- River rafting- The experience of rafting in the chilly cold waters of River Teesta and River Rangit in Sikkim is an amazing experience.
- Paragliding- It is highly popular in the beauty of the majestic Himalayas and the green surroundings are heavenly.
- Cable Car Ride- Cable car ride in Gangtok is surely one of the top things to do. This is an exciting experience in which you get a chance to witness the magnificent views of the towns of Gangtok.
- Yak Safari– Yak Ride is one of the most essential activities and unique things to do in Gangtok.
- Shopping- in Gangtok holds the most value for shopaholics. Two famous markets of Gangtok offer various creative and exclusive items.
- G.Marg– It is heaven for shopaholics. The place is famous for Tibetan clothes, scripture, art, etc.
- Lal Bazaar– Another famous place for shopping is Lal Bazaar. The concern place is famous for Semi-precious stone, wall hanging, Sikkim tea, etc.
Changu Lake- The Changu Lake is a very renowned tourist spot in Gangtok. Located at an altitude of 12200 ft. and around 38 km from Gangtok, the Changu Lake is on the way from Gangtok to Nathula.
Nathula Pass- Nathula Pass is one of the most prominent passes that connect the Sikkim to Tibet. The Nathula pass is around 56 km from Gangtok.
Seven Sisters waterfall– This world-wide famous waterfall located about 32km away from Gangtok, this waterfall is situated along the highway Gangtok-Lachung.This waterfall is divided into 7 small waterfalls.
Rumtek Monastery– The monastery is situated around 24 km from the capital city in the quiet, serene and beautiful village of Rumtek.
Tashi View Point– Situated 8 km away from central Gangtok, Tashi Viewpoint is a point from where travelers can get a sight of the splendid Mount Sinilochu and Mount Kanchenjunga.
Others- Apart from those other notable spots are Ranka Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Banjhakri Water Fall, etc.
Best Time to Visit
Gangtok is a vibrant tourist spot through out the year. It has superb weather in summer. Winter usually doesn’t receive snow fall but its quite chilly so bags are going to be heavy. Monsoon gives a wet misty thrill though extra safety in road is required.
How to Reach
Airway- The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport, 76.7 km from the living.
Railway- If you feel like availing a train, there are many trains that leave from Sealdah and Howrah station to New Jalpaiguri, nearest rail station from Sikkim. It takes 5-6 hours to reach Gangtok from NJP
Roadway- The approximate drive takes at least seventeen hours and thirty minutes through National Highway 34 (NH34) from Kolkata.
Pocket Pinch: Jewel of The East
Deluxe Room: Room only Rs. 1,904, Room with breakfast Rs. 2128, Room with breakfast and lunch/dinner Rs.2576, Room with breakfast, lunch and dinner Rs. 3136 per day per head per day.
Superior Room: Room only Rs. 2128, with breakfast Rs. 2352, Room with breakfast and lunch/dinner Rs.2800, Room with breakfast, lunch, and dinner Rs. 3472 per day per head.
Suite: Room only Rs.3696, Room with breakfast Rs.4032, Room with breakfast, lunch/dinner Rs.4480, Room with breakfast, lunch, and dinner Rs. 5264 per day per head.
To Know more about Sikkim Click Here for Happy Reading!
- Air Conditioner
- Alcohol Available with Extra Charge
- Car Parking
- child friendly
- Conference Room
- Doctor on Call
- Electric Kettle Available
- Free Wifi
- Hair Drier Available
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Service
- Medical Aid
- Pet Allowed
- Pick Up and Drop
- Room Heater Available
- Room Service
- Towel and Toiletries