An exotic farm stay at Rumtek the monastery in Gangtok
Rumtek one of the charming place which is a fabulous destination for the nature lover, snow and mountains are just 23 kilometers away from Gangtok the capital city of Sikkim. Rumtek Monastery, the holiness of the Tibetan Buddhism. The exotic landscape and the lush green nature and hills surrounding the place are worth to visit to spend some quiet time. The exotic landscape and the murky mountains make it symbolic. It has a beautiful architectural structure, which can be identified with the monastery at Tsurpu in Tibet. This is one of the famous centers to teach Kagyu teaching. It has preserved some rarest Buddhist religious art objects.
How to reach Rumtek.
Rumtek is 23 kilometers away from Gangtok and 120 kilometers away from New Jalpaiguri
By Air: The nearest airport is Bagdogra. The airport is well connected. You may take a rented car or cab and can easily reach Rumtek.
By Train: the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri railway station. If you are opting train, you have to get down at New Jalpaiguri station. You can hire any car and taxi and can reach there in 4 hours.
BY road: you can any bus, taxi, and car from Siliguri and can reach in 4 hours.
From Gangtok, Rumtek can be visited just an hour drive. You can reach Rumtek, very easily if you are staying at Gangtok also.
Rumtek weather & Temperature
- The weather in Rumtek is usually very pleasant and a very normal climate.
- Summer seasons last for 4 months that is March to June. Temperature remains between 28 to 10 degree Celsius.
- You can visit Rumtek at this time. Monsoon starts from July and lasts till September.
- You should avoid visiting Rumtek at this time. Heavy rainfall may cause landslides.
- The temperature during winter varies from 16 to -5 degree Celsius. Tourists usually congregate in the winter season, to enjoy the chilling breeze.
Best time to visit during October, when the monsoon is over and just the bell rings to indicate that here comes the winter
Sightseeing at Rumtek
Rumtek has many local sightseeing places. That can be visited at any hours, like in the morning, or evening and even at night. It may take a full day or a half a day. To enjoy Rumtek at its best, you have to plan 2 days to 3 days stay at Rumtek.
By staying at Rumtek you can visit Gangtok, which is just an hour’s drive 18 kilometers. Pelling is just 7 km away from Rumtek.
- Rumtek basically is a famous monastery near Gangtok. It is often categorized as Hillside Hamlet, the most largely in Sikkim, located at 4500ft high. The monastery has preserved a golden stupa, 16th Karmapa used to possess it. When China annexed Tibet, the monastery became the biggest monastery in India.
- There is Botanical Garden, which is considered to be the greenhouse of all kinds of orchids which are exotic.
- Just opposite the monastery, there is Buddhism College, Karma Shri Nalanda Institute.
- There is a children’s park which is having playground, swing, sleeper and a long space to leisurely walk in the meandering
Hotels at Rumtek
There are many stay options at Rumtek. A number of lodges, hotels and beautiful resorts with a typically decorated in a rural house pattern. Some of them are having all the amenities of a modern luxury hotel. The homestay is also very popular at Rumtek. The hotels are simple but systematic and sophisticated. Room service is available and free Parking facilities can be availed. The rooms are quite spacious and inner décor is very traditional and artistic.
Nomadic resort and their amenities
Plan a vacation to Rumtek the biggest monastery in Sikkim near Gangtok. It is around 18 km away from Gangtok and 120kms away from New Jalpaiguri. The lush green nature and hills surrounding the place are worth to visit, to spend some quiet time with you. The mountains at the backdrop and a river fountain just below the monastery. We will plan your complete vacation to the place. We have our own hotels and farm stay with all modern amenities, which may give full comfort and luxury. A farm stay at Sajong, Rumtek seems to be an exotic stay on the backdrop of a mountain, in a complete Sikkimese style. A panorama to a pastoral world will help you to have an impeccable experience. Their hospitality is just beyond any word. Their traditional inner décor of the hut is worth appreciating.
Accommodation at Rumtek
In Rumtek, in farm stay, you can have a very unique experience a very different remote lifestyle. We have our own exotic farm stay at Rumtek near Gangtok. It has 3-star facilities and you will be cherished with the hospitality of the staff. It is home away from home.
- Different types of accommodations are available with kitchen facilities. Luxury hut comprises of kitchen facilities.
- Double bed with attached washroom and balcony. In the kitchen all utensils, induction cooker, etc.
- Another luxury hut without a kitchen and attached bathroom, with 24hrs water facility.
- Tariff depends on the time of your visit. During the season it will be more and in the offseason, it is less.
- It is really an experience to stay in these huts where you can have tea coffee any time. Every room is having tea coffee making facilities which are really needed in the hill
- You can enjoy the morning breeze and chilled evening by giving a long sip to your coffee or tea.
- You can enjoy good authentic food. The farm has its own organic food farmhouse, healthy and tasty food is served to the guests.
- The bar is there can enjoy the drink of your choice. On-demand born fire arrangement is possible.
- You can explore a new world of rural India here.
- Room services are available.
The setting is aesthetic and you all will cherish your farm stay. Farming of organic vegetables and it is plucked from the farms and cooked. The interiors are well decorated, in a traditional Sikkimese way.
Check-in: 11 Am.
Check out: 10 Am.
Outdoor activities at Rumtek
If you are never being any village or never experience milking, farming, and gardening, Farm stay is the right place to stay at Rumtek. There is a poultry farm, a vegetable and fruit garden on the campus. You can pluck vegetables and do gardening, milking and also can feed those chickens. These are all real-life experiences.
We all are far away from all these, we desire it. You can take mud and soil and mix it for plantation. All your hands will be dirty, but this dirt will give you happiness and you can refresh your childhood memories of playing with clay.
You can fulfill your wishes of being adventurous all these happiness during may occur during your farm stay. It is like staying close to earth and enjoying all the comforts of star hotels. At night you can enjoy BBQ along with bonfire which is a great experience in itself. They will charge you a small amount and some time to arrange the same. Its areal fun to have a farm stay.
Sikkim is having a phenomenal beauty of nature. Mountains and river make it paradise on earth. It is the world for the bird watchers.
INR 3500 + 5% GST per day per cottage.
Car cost :
NJP to Gangtok Farm Stay: INR 3000 Approx per car (one way)