Built in 1848 in the uncharted territory of South Sikkim the grand old mountain estate is a great escape from the humdrum of city life. A British heritage Kothi surrounded by 9 acres of plush greenery and in-numerous flowers will make your trip unforgettable. With fresh air, birds chirp and organic home grown food this is a once in a lifetime experience.
Check In : 11.00 A.M
Check Out : 10.00 A.M
- Watch exotic variety of birds like Oriental White Eye, Red Vented Bulbul, Owl etc.
- Go for White Water Rafting trip down the Teesta River.
- Trek along the back hill slope, to Rani Ban, dotted with emerald green vegetation and medicinal herbs.
- Stroll through the village path to learn the south sikkimese local life style.
- Relax on the lawn of the BritishHeritage Kothi and watch the performance of the village folks to the rustic music.
- Statue of patron saint Guru Padmasambhava which means ‘The Wish Fulfilling Hill’ [135 ft]at Samdruptse.
- Temi Tea garden the only tea garden of Sikkim.
- Siddheshvara Dham, in Namchi on the top of Solophok Hill with 108’ft tall statue of Lord Shiva.
- Rock Garden located between Namchi town and Samdruptse.
- Buddha Park located in Rabong with a 135’ft tall statue of Lord Buddha in ’Dharma Chakra’mudra
- Tarey Bhir (15mins away) to view the adjacent Kalimpong and Darjeeling hills, the place also shelter wild goats and barking deers.
Best Time to Visit
Turuk Kothi enjoys mild friendly weather throughout the year, except between December and February, when winter sets in.[Max15C,Min5C]therefore we recommend you to bring warm woolen clothes during the winters and a light jacket will always comes handy during the rest of the season.
How to Reach
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra in Siliguri (West Bengal) 70kms/2.30hrs by car.
Flights from major Indian airports including New Delhi, Kolkota.
Nearest Train Station: New Jalpaiguri
The estate has their own vehicle for hire.
Cost INR 8200 per day per Super Deluxe Kothi(Including All Meals)
Cost INR 9600 per day per Suite Kothi(Including All Meals)