A Tea estate in the jungles of Dooars with the glory of old English charm
The new found property is not any usual place to be at. Our basic tendency as a traveler often prompts us to look for the destination first and then the stay. The case here is going to be slightly changed as the stay proves to be the greatest competition to the destination. The place talked about here is Dooars Tea Garden Bungalow. Built in 1891 amidst 500 acres of tea garden bordering Gorumara forest, the property is well equipped with 4 suite rooms full of antique amenities. The rooms breathe colonial vibes from every nook and corner from hat racks, coat hangers, and rich carpets, colonial sofa sets to king size beds of teak, fireplaces, dressing rooms, bath tubs and more. The hospitable staffs provide a wide array of seasonal cuisines with customization making you feel absolute royalty.
Check in: 12:00 P.M
Check out: 11:00 A.M
Things to do at Dooars Tea Garden Bungalow:
- Various arrangements of sports like Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Basket Ball, Cricket, Chess and Pool within the property provide you with a good recreation.
- Explore the local areas and connect with the tribal lifestyle.
- Indulge in a riverside camping under the open sky and have an experience of lifetime.
- Don’t forget a tour to the Tea-estates to get the feel of colonial era.
- Few minutes from the property are Gorumara and Jaldapara National parks, the must visit destinations.
- The property is ready to serve you with a pleasant bird watching experience on request with some extra charge.
- Picnic along the riverside area and personal tea garden can be organized if the booking is done for 3 rooms with some extra charge.
- The package can be customized with sightseeing trips to Jatra prashad watch tower, Murti River and few nearby places of your interest on request with some extra charge.
Nearby Attractions of Dooars Tea Garden
This place is excellent if you are really interested in flora and fauna of nature. The place will offer you Darjeeling tea garden and a real dense forest with wild life thriving in the foothill of Himalaya. Even you can make a complete package of tea estate, forest stay and a mountain with just 2-3 hours of total travel time.
A Luxury Package for Dooars including Tea Estate, Dooars Forest and Kalimpong
A Deluxe Package for Dooars including Tea Estate, Dooars Forest and Kalimpong
Another offbeat excellent location very close to Dooars is a stay at Tendu Plateau the Chisang Homestay which is just 1 hour 45 mins from Dooars Tea Garden Bungalow
How to reach Dooars Tea Garden
Railway: The nearest railway station is Chalsa (13 km). But the most accessible nearest station is The New Mal Junction. The place is only 25 minutes from New Mal junction.
Road : You can travel via car from Kolkata through NH12 which will take nearly 15 hours time. From Siliguri to the place will take nearly 1 hour 45 mins.
Airport : Nearest Airport is Bagdogra (80 km) which will take 1 hour 50 min to reach the place.
Best Time to visit Dooars Tea Garden
You can actually visit Dooars any time of the year. The monsoon in Dooars along with the tea garden gives a really energetic enviornment. But Monsoon may have important Ideal time of visit is between mid-September to May.
Charges are INR 10K + 5%GST per night per room for double occupancy.
The charges include the following amenities and Outdoor activities:
- Accommodation in twin sharing in the suit rooms.
- The package includes welcome drink, Breakfast, Hi-Tea and Dinner.
- Arrangement of visit to the Tea garden, factory and seasonal tea tasting.
- Visitor can carry liquor of one’s choice.
- If the stay consists of minimum 5 nights, the Property is ready to offer you free pick up and drop service from Bagdogra airport or NJP station with extra charge.
- Babies within 6 years are complimentary.
- For Kids from 6 years- 12 years you will need to pay INR 2000 MAPAI per night.
- Children above 12 years are fully chargeable.
You can check out other Dooars places of Nomadic Here