A place at the top of Aritrar hills situated at 6000 ft height with two unique combinations, best possible 360 view of Kanchenjangha from room along with all other snowcapped peaks as well as a panoramic view of Aritrar lake. This Unique combination got them AWARD OF EXCELLENCE FROM SIKKIM TOURISM . Great foods, great hospitality and great views are what makes this place. If you are nature lover and looking for a respite for everyday hustle bustle this is the place for you.
Place Code BE 1717
Check In: 11.00 AM
Check Out: 10.00 AM
- Trekking to nearby hilltops.
- Taking a stroll through the villages.
- Boating in the Lampokhari Lake.
- Picnicking at the popular picnic spot called Love Dara
- Aritar Monastery, with remarkable painted murals, rare manuscripts and Buddhist artifacts.
- Mangkhim temple with a nearby view point.
- Ever Green Nursery and Ram Gauri Sangrhalaya,
- Mulkarkha Lake which reflects Mt. Kanchenjunga on a clear sky.
- Places like Reshikhola, Icchey Gaon, Sillery Gaon and Pedong in West Bengal
- Villages that used to fall on the Old Silk Route like Kupup Lake, Menmecho lake, Nathang, Padamchen, Zuluk and Lungthung.
Best time to visit
The summers in Aritar extend from March to May and are enjoyably cool and pleasant. This is the best time of the year to visit. The monsoons experience heavy rainfall which restricts outdoor activities. The winters extend from December to February and the temperatures drop to freezing point but gives an excellent view of the Mountain.
How to Reach
The nearest airport is Bagdogra, from where you can hire car and drive for 4-5 hours to reach the place. The closest railway station of the location is at New Jalpaiguri, which is well facilitated by trains from all parts of the country. Hired vehicles from Siliguri reach Aritar in 5 hours. Many tourists also hire vehicles and make tour to Aritar from Gangtok in roughly 3 hours. From Kalimpong, the route would be Kalimpong – Pedong – Reshikhola – Aritar. From Sikkim, then the shortest route would be Rangpo – Rorathang – Rhenock – Aritar.
Only INR 1450 + 5% GST per day per head including all meals
Child Policy: Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary,Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price and Kids form 10 years will be charged as an adult.
Car cost :
NJP to Aritar : INR 3500 – 4000 approx per car ( one way)
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
Looking for a even better option please check East Sikkim Heritage Home
A complete Silk Route Package that we offer : Silk Route 5 Nights 6 Days