Stay in a warm mountain hut at Tinchuley Village Homestay
A small mountain village with small huts scattered here and there with so called organic farming on the slopes and a small marigold garden in front, this is the place. Life is as simple as it could be. You can hear the sounds unheard and lost in city. Birds chirp, cows moo, crickets chatter and nature comes to life. Thats where your home can be in a weekend trip or a long holiday. Relax and refresh with the warm hospitality and warm home made food prepared from veges plucked directly from the kitchen garden. Come and stay at a home with all amenities required for a simple life but loads of freshness and tranquillity to surround you.
Accomdation – upto 10 people
Check in: 12:00pm
Check out: 12:00pm
Hills provides you the options of lots of outdoor activities which includes
White water rafting or canoeing in the Teesta or Rangeet river. One have to spare a day for it and drive down to Teesta Bazar. It is non-advisible to take the sports during monsoon.
Meditation amidst the serene hills.
Hike through the pine forests, rock climbing.
Walk along the village trails watching birds and
Get drowned in their local culture along with delicious food and extremely friendly people.
Some of the popular attractions include:
- The famous Orange Orchards provide freshly prepared orange juice, marmalades and pickles which are available at reasonable prices.
- The Tinchuley Monastery has a long line of prayer wheels on exterior wall and is eminent for the fact that a Lama had meditated for 17 years.
- Visit the nearest tea estate Rungli Rungliot and Peshoke Tea Estate for pure tea directly coming from the factory.
- Witness the glorious dawn from Tinchuley View Point and the beautiful Kanchenjunga peak as the day sets in slowly.
- Gumbadara is another place to visit to see the river Rangeet and a part of Sikkim. This place provides great place for the rock climbers along with several caves yet undiscovered by many.
Best Time to Visit
This heavenly place is best to be visited throughout the year. Hills are always welcoming in summer. The monsoon may not be suitable time if one tries for adventure else it is superb time to enjoy the himalayan flora and fauna . The autmn with its holidays and pleasant weather is nice time to visit this place. Winter requires heavy woollen garment to welcome the cool wind whispering amidst the tall pine trees. Spring is excellent time to see blossom. Rhododendron, Magnolia, Tulip, Orchids spatter the hill with magical colour in March April.
How to Reach
Darjeeling is 88.5 km from the resort, while Gangtok is 67.3 km from the property.
Airport – Bagdogra is 112.5 km away and takes nearly 3hr 20mins to reach the place.
Railway – NJP is the nearest station it takes 3 hours to reach the place from the station.
INR 1500 per person per day with food and stay
Sight seeing cost INR 3000 for full day and 2200 for half day
Driver accommodation available food charges to be paid seperately
Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids form 10 years will be charged as an adult