A stay among the pines – Tinchuley Homestay
A quiet, peaceful heaven for the visitors to the area. The best place still remained to be explored, the best located village at the highest point. Offering gracious hospitality and comfortable lodgings, the lodge was set up in 2001 and is run by the entire family on a very personalized manner. Locally we have a reputation for serving one of the best foods. The Tinchuley experience is one that you will cherish self-discovering and self-creating one to which you will feel the tug to visit.
Accomodation – upto 30
Check in: 12:00 noon
Check out: 11:00 am
Hills provides you the options of lots of outdoor activities which includes
Meditation amidst the serene hills.
Hike through the pine forests, rock climbing.
Walk along the village trails watching birds and
Get drowned in their local culture along with delicious food and extremely friendly people.
- Tinchuley Sunrise Point: Tinchuley has several attractions and the Sunrise Point is the most famous of them. The unusual vies of rising sun can be enjoyed from this place. Kalimpong, Eastern and Western Sikkim, Tista valley Latpanchar and the snow-covered picks of the Himalayan region are seen from this point.
- Tinchuley Monastery: You can visit the nearest monastery, the highly reserved area for the local inhabitants, where a lama is meditating for 17 long years.
- Gumpha Dara: Gumpha Dara Rocks are the deep of under grounded, long fern-covered caves through a stirring and formidable forest leads to these rocks. The rocks stand amid the picturesque and scenic landscape. Gumpha Dara rocks are an essence of history as well as the culture that bears the majesty of Indian art and culture throughout the British Raj. Several caves are hidden beneath the dangerous rocks. The interior of the caves is an unfathomable mystery. These historically important rocks evoke a 200-year-old myth.
- Orange Garden Visits- A 8Kms drive gets you to one of the best landscaped and well maintained orchards of the area – Nirmals. This family manufactures a variety of juices, pickles and marmalades at their own factory.
- Tea Garden Visit- Tinchuley is surrounded by six beautiful tea gardens, the nearest being Rangli Rangliot Tea Estate. A garden visit to witness the nitty of tea manufacture is quite an experience in itself.
- Takdah Orchid Centre – Once a battalion field and also the shelter of British Cantonment, the place is now serene and tranquil with flowers and medicinal plants.
- Durpin Dara – A hill that offers a complete view of the Kalimpong town along with the Teesta valley down hill.
Best time to visit
October to April is the best time to visit. This is the time when the sky remains clear and you get great views of the mountains and valleys all around. However November to February would be quite cold in Tinchuley. The summer offers pleasant weather for a long or short vacation trip to Tinchuley.
How to Reach
Nearest Airhead: Bagdogra 77Kms
Nearest Railhead: New Jalpaiguri 73Kms
Darjeeling Town: 32Kms
Kalimpong Town: 35kms
Standard : INR 1550 + 5% GST per person per day with food and stay
Premium : INR 2050 + 5% GST per person per day with food and stay
Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids form 10 years will be charged as an adult.