A 3-star property in Darjeeling with a great view of Kanchenjungha right from the deck
We all love Mountains, isn’t it? But the recent pandemic scenario has made us break up with our beloved traveling. With the recent unlocking process in progress, it is time again to relish this long-forgotten activity. The recent found is a luxurious property nestled amidst the hills. Mountain View Resort – Darjeeling is the property. It is located a little isolated yet in the heart of Darjeeling town. Therefore it is time to pack those bags and be at a place where fresh air awaits your presence. The property is just 10 min walk away from the Darjeeling Mall.
Accommodation: The property promises to serve you with all modern amenities like room service, walk-in-shower, coffee/tea maker, newspaper, housekeeping, a sitting area to enjoy the view of the hills, wardrobe, electric kettle, satellite TV, and many more. The property also has its own restaurant. The 17 rooms of the property are of two categories- Deluxe and Suite. The main attraction of this property is its garden and rooftop terrace. The deck gives you an excellent view of glittering Mt. Kanchenjungha. You don’t really need to visit Tiger Hill viewpoint for the sunrise view. On a clear day, you will get the view right away from the resort. Just remember you need to climb uphill at an angle of nearly 60 degrees to reach the hotel. So senior citizens need to be a little more fit to reach easily.
Check in: 12:00 P.M
Check out: 11:00 A.M
Nearby Attractions from Mountain View Resort – Darjeeling
- Enjoy the ropeway at 7000 ft altitude to enjoy the scenic view of the breathtaking valley. If the weather remains clear, one can view the snow-capped peaks of Kanchenjunga.
- Visit Gorkha War Memorial to honor the brave soldiers.
- Have river rafting experience in the crystal waters of Teesta.
- Try the famous authentic Thukpa and momos from the streets of Darjeeling.
- Visit Peace Pagoda to spend few hours of serenity and tranquility. It is 18 min walk away from the property.
- The breathtaking sunrise is a must at Tiger Hill because the colors falling on the snowcapped peaks create a majestic ambiance.
- The Raj Bhavan can also be visited which just 4 min drive away.
Outdoor Activities at Mountain View Resort – Darjeeling
- Hike by the riverside or nearby mountains.
- Enjoy local lifestyle by being part of the local community
- Visit various tea gardens of Darjeeling and savor different types of tea.
- The lush green forest around is excellent for bird watching.
- The rooftop coffee shop of the property offers a majestic view of the Kanchenjunga. Sipping a cup of coffee while enjoying the view is a must activity.
- Visit the local market for some memorable shopping experiences.
Best time to visit Darjeeling
The temperature remains pleasant during summers and best suited for outdoor activities because the sky remains clear. Therefore the months from April to June are suggested as the best time to travel here. But if you want to get a different ambiance of the hills cloaked with fog and chilly air, wintertime is best suited.
How to reach
Air: Bagdogra is the nearest airhead with a distance of 87 km from Darjeeling.
Rail: NJP is the nearest railhead with a distance of 80 km approximately from town.
Road: From Siliguri, the distance to Darjeeling is 74 km. Many shared cabs and private taxis are available.
Standard Deluxe Double Bed Room –INR 2800 Per Night (Including Breakfast for a couple and All Taxes)
Suite Room – INR 3200 Per Night (Including Breakfast for a couple and All Taxes)