Charkhol Hilltop Resort: Dream stay at the top of the hill
Charkhol is a tough uphill journey leading to probably the best view of Kanchanjangha from any destinations in WestBengal. It is a sleepy hamlet in Darjeeling Dist. and this resort is on a hilltop ensuring an almost 270-degree view of Khanchanjangha. This will surely take all the stress away. Starting from 1300 per room plus taxes only. The region has won many prestigious awards like “Most promising offbeat destination”.
Eight beautiful small cottages with verandahs; spread in an area of around 2 acres, beautifully landscaped with Japanese type garden and murals of Hindu Gods and Goddesses is itself a sight to behold. Not to forget, the interiors of the resort are equally well decorated. The location of the resort is picture perfect, promising a 270-degree view of Mt. Kanchenjunga.
The resort promises delicious Indian cuisine with specialty being the authentic Bengali dishes. The owner of the Resort personally takes care to ensure the food is of the best quality. Besides the restaurant, the resort also boasts of a massive lounge to relax. The thatched sit-outs only add to the charm of the resort.
There is a huge play area in front of the resort to relish a hot cup of coffee while nature continues to mystify with its tranquility.
The resort promises an ideal location for those who prefer a true hide-out as their holiday destination.
Charkhol Outdoor Activity
- A nature walk along the forest trails of Charkhole
- Play outdoor games like cricket and badminton in the valley
- Build a bonfire at night under the star-studded sky
- Bird Watching
- Swimming on Reli river located just 10 kilometers from the resort
- Loleygaon, situated just 15 kilometers from the Resort offers beautiful opportunities for sightseeing in the form of Heritage Forest, Jhandi Dara Sunrise Point and a monastery
- Lava, situated at a distance of 32 kilometers, is one of the few places in West Bengal to receive snow in winter. Lava is the entry point to the Neora Valley National Park which is home to the Red Panda. Covered with thick mist and floating clouds rounding the year, Lava is nothing short of a dream
- Gumba Dara waterfalls and Changi Falls within 30 kilometers from Charkhole
- Samthar Orange Orchard
Charkhol Best Time to Visit
Charkhole is as beautiful throughout the year and hence one can plunge into the beauties of the place at any time of the year. However, to catch a glimpse of the snow capped mountains, it is best to visit the place in the winters between October and February
How to get there?
The nearest airport is Bagdogra which is situated at a distance of 96 kilometers from the resort. From NJP, the closest railways station, the journey of 86 kilometers can be covered in about 5 hours by car. The cars are available on hire from both the airport and the railway station. The nearest town from the resort is Lava, about 25 kilometers away.
The journey is definitely a little bumpy in view of the poor road condition on the last lap. Nevertheless, the panoramic view of the tall coniferous trees is definitely worth the pain.
The resort is pretty economical and the tariff of the cottages is priced from Rs. 1200 on a twin sharing basis to Rs. 2000, exclusive of taxes.
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
You may be also interested in these great hill stations near Kolkata for an offbeat getaway