Romantic Getaway in North Bengal
Charkhol in North Bengal is probably one of the best located places to view the majestic Kanchenjungha in its true colors. This is a perfect romantic getaway in North Bengal. Our new find Charkhol Kanchen Resort is strategically located on a hill top just opposite the Kanchenjangha to ensure a 180 degree unobstructed view. This beautiful resort also boasts of all modern amenities that you may look for during your holiday, great food and warm hospitality. If you want a small holiday out of maddening crowd close to many otherwise unseen birds, flora fauna, great weather, good foods, camp fire and above all great Kanchenjungha there is no more.
Experience an amazing stay in the lap of nature with Charkhol Kanchen Resort.Iit will offer a refreshingly affordable and revitalized holiday experience that you can’t afford to forget easily.
Place Code: BE1752
Check In : 11.00 AM
Check Out : 10.00 AM
- A nature walk along the forest trails of Charkhole
- Play outdoor games like cricket and badminton in the valley
- Build a bonfire at night infront of Mount Kanchenjungha.
- Bird Watching
- Swimming on Reli river located just 10 kilometers from the resort
- Lolegaon, situated just 15 kilometers from the Resort offers beautiful opportunities for sightseeing in the form of Heritage Forest, Jhandi Dara Sunrise Point and a monastery
- Lava, situated at a distance of 32 kilometers, is one of the few places in West Bengal to receive snow in winter. Lava is the entry point to the Neora Valley National Park which is home to the Red Panda. Covered with thick mist and floating clouds rounding the year, Lava is nothing short of a dream
- Gumba Dara waterfalls and Changi Falls within 30 kilometers from Charkhole
- Samthar Orange Orchard
Best Time to Visit
Charkhole is as beautiful throughout the year and hence one can plunge into the beauties of the place at anytime of the year. However, to catch a glimpse of the snow capped mountains, it is best to visit the place in the winters between October and February
How to get there
The nearest airport is Bagdogra which is situated at a distance of 96 kilometers from the resort. From NJP, the closest railways station, the journey of 86 kilometers can be covered in about 5 hours by car. The cars are available on hire from both the airport and the railway station. The nearest town from the resort is Lava, about 25 kilometers away.
The journey is definitely a little bumpy in view of the poor road condition on the last lap. Nevertheless the panoramic view of the tall coniferous trees is definitely worth the pain.
Only 1650 + 5% GST per head, per day that includes all sumptuous meals.
Only INR 1850 + 5% GSTper head, per day that includes all sumptuous meals (from 1st January 2019 onwards)
Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids form 10 years will be charged as an adult
Car cost :
NJP to Charkhol : INR 3500 (Approx) per car (one way)
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.
- 5 //www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10155679699581514/ Abir Kanjilal
Heaven in Earth
- Mr S Gupta
I have visited here…place is very very very nice..but perfect for group…
Which I don’t like:
There was no variety of foods but very tasty
Room was terribly cold(though breath taking view I must say)
no room heater
Gyser was not working properly
no TV at room(getting boar like anything)
No inter connection with the reception from the room..This is absolutely not acceptable al all..if something went wrong no way to connect them as phone signal absolutely poor…no network
- Soumita ghosal
Charkhol kanchen resort one of the best property. we just visited last month..