Adventure Weekend Destination near Kalimpong
Khasmahal near Kalimpong is far away from maddening crowd and with myst, mountains, kanchenjangha and great accommodation a new world in itself. We got to specially mention about organic tasty food that the place serves. If one is enthusiastic about paragliding, this is the place to be. Overall, great Kanchenjangha view, seclusion from outer world, great food and adventure sports makes the place really special.
Place Code: BE1753
Check In: 11.00 AM
Check Out: 10.00 AM
- Fly in the air through the paragliding activities.
- Cycle on the mountain roads.
- Raft on Teesta or Rangeet rivers.
- Hike on nature trails with resorts guides.
- Round off your day being pampered and unwinding with a treatment at the Sauna.
- Durpin Dara with a stunning view of the Himalayas, the meandering Teesta and Relli rivers and the plains far below.
- Nurseries of Kalimpong
- Various monasteries like Pedong monastery, Thongsa monastery, Zong Dhog Palri Fo Brang monastery, Tharpa Choeling monastery for the spiritual lovers
- remains of a historic Bhutanese fort in Pedong.
- The Kalimpong Arts & Craft Center that teaches and promotes local craftsmen.
- Mangal Dham Mandir spreading in two acres of land.
- Sanctuary of Rabindranath Tagore – the Gauripur House
How to reach
Bagdogra airport, located close to Siliguri is the nearest airport and is some 79 km from Kalimpong. From the airport, you can take a taxi to reach Kalimpong. By rail, New Jalpaiguri (NJP) railway station is the nearest to Kalimpong and you can easily reach the place by hiring a taxi from the station. It takes around 2.5 hours to reach the place from New Jalpaiguri.
Best time to visit
You can visit the place during any time of the year as the place experiences mild summers and pleasant winters. The best time to visit this place is from March to May when the flowers bloom and from September to January when Mt. Kanchenjungha can be viewed the most prominently.
Only 1950 + 5% GST per head, per day that includes all sumptuous meals.
Kids between 1 to 5 years are complimentary
Kids between 6 to 9 years will be charged at half price
Kids from 10 years will be charged as an adult
Car cost :
NJP to Khasmahal : INR 3500 (Approx) per car (one way)
We’re ready to help you with planning your weekend. Enquire Now.