North Bengal has two natural wonders that a traveler can cherish. River Teesta and Mount Kanchenjungha. What if a there is a homely place that offers both at it best. Presenting best of both the worlds, a secluded homestay, at a stones throw distance from Kalimpong in a strategic location.
Check In: 11.00 AM
Check Out: 10.00 AM
- Take a walk in the garden with mesmeric views.
- Paragliding from Delo.
- Short treks and nature walks around Delo.
- Horse riding in Delo park.
- Delo Nature Park with garden, fountain and view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and River Teesta.
- A huge statue of Lord Hanuman and a nice statue of Lord Buddha near Delo.
- Tharpa Choling Monastery, Zong Dog Palri Fo-Brang Monastery and Tongsa Gompa – the three Buddhist gumphas
- Lepcha Museum & Monastery situated in nearby Big Dhara
- Besides Lava, Lolegaon, Neora valley, Darjeeling or a trip to Icchey Gaon, Ramdhura, Sangser and Sillery Gaon are possible.
How to reach
Nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri (NJP) and nearest airport is Bagdogra (IXB). Direct car and taxis are available to Sangser from NJP, Siliguri and Bagdogra. Distance from Siliguri around 80 kms. Shared jeeps are available from Siliguri to Kalimpong, from there pick-up is available from the homestay. You also can hire an exclusive car from Kalimpong to Sangser.
Best time to visit
You can visit Tarkhola during any time of the year as the place experiences mild summers and pleasant winters. The best time to visit this place is from March to May and from September to January when Mt. Kanchenjungha is visible most clearly.
INR 2000 is the minimal charges and minimal sites. If you want to visit all the attractions mentioned above it will cost you around INR 3000 – INR 4000 Approx. Our suggestion, talk to the Resort Manager for sightseeing transportation costs. He will surely help you out on that.
|Costing (INR)||Car Cost From NJP (INR)|
|1450 + 5% GST PER DAY PER HEAD (Including All Meals)||3000 – 3500|